Bikes for Rascals Addicted to Trouble


Thursday, June 10, 2010

Suzuki TU250


Japan/USA - motorcycle - 250cc

As you'll know by now, I'm not a bike-ist. I love all bikes (pretty much) equally. Or at least I can see the redeeming qualities in them even if they're not my cup o' tea. Sure, I have a penchant for choppers and bobbers, ratted out rascals with apehangers all painted black and crusted with road-grime (I never wash my bikes as I like to gaze on the stains and fondly reminisce), but actually I just love to ride 'em all, I'm a bit of a slut that way. Anyway, this little slapper is a recent import to the US (must be the economic crisis, EPA knows it has to get with the program and approve better mpg rides). Tried and proven 250 engine gives great performance - in fact it's almost the same engine as I have in the original B.R.A.T. - and can handle 2-up no problem if your pillion is trim. And actually this bike has a nice figure too, just enough of the utilitarian to look retro and only what you need to make it go all splashed in a pretty red paint. Personally I'd chop the shite out of it and stick clip-on bars on, but that's my sickness. I've ridden the equivalent of this bike in Asia for years and it roks! Buy it and go, that's the beauty of Japanese.